Florida AHEC Scholars Program
Would you like to be part of an interprofessional team of health professionals committed to community service and transforming health care in Florida? The Florida AHEC Scholars Program is a free and unique interdisciplinary program that is part of a national initiative preparing students to become leaders in primary care and beyond.
The Florida AHEC Scholars Program will provide students with interprofessional learning opportunities focused on building the skills and competencies needed to help transform primary care and improve patient care.
The AHEC Scholar Program is open to students in disciplines that support primary health care services delivery in both clinical and non-clinical roles. Only 150 students across Florida will be selected to become AHEC Scholars.
- Be enrolled in a health professions degree or certificate program
- Be two years from program or degree completion
Applicable majors include, but are not limited to:
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Dental Hygiene
- Social Work
- Emergency Medical Technicians (2-year programs)
If you have questions about qualifications, please contact our office.
Participants must also have reliable transportation and a computer with Internet access.
- $500 annual stipend
- Become a member of statewide associations
- Conduct student research
- Professional development
- Participate in community-based service learning
- Networking and mentoring opportunities
- Supplemental learning experiences