The Tobacco Free Florida AHEC Program offers FREE groups in the community to help people quit tobacco for good. Each group is led by a trained specialist who guides participants through the quitting process. They help identify triggers and withdrawal symptoms and brainstorm ways to cope with them. Groups are hosted at locations such as local public community centers, libraries, and hospitals. Groups are also available virtually. Join via Zoom on a phone, tablet, or computer or call in by phone. SRAHEC also offers private groups for locations such as worksites.
For more information on Tobacco Free Florida AHEC Cessation Programs, please click here, call 866-341-2730, or email [email protected].
TOOLS TO QUIT vs QUIT SMOKING NOW
Both programs include:
- How to handle triggers to smoke, dip, or chew, such as stress
- Specific ways to deal with cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Developing a personalized quit plan
- Up to four FREE weeks of nicotine replacement therapy (patches, gum, or lozenges), if medically appropriate for those 18 years of age or older.
Quit Smoking Now meets for an hour once a week for 4 weeks.
Tools to Quit meets for 2 hours.
QUITTING TOBACCO? Join us for a virtual or in-person group!
CALL US TODAY
CLICK HERE TODAY
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THE GROUPS?
- Assistance developing a quit plan
- Safe and informal space to talk without judgement
- Opportunity to talk about your tobacco use
- Support and encouragement from your facilitator and group participants
For more on what to expect from group quit, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Type of group: TTQ
Hometown: Bell, FL
I have been a facilitator with SRAHEC since 2019. I graduated with my LPN degree in Dec. 2011 and have been a nurse with Palms Medical Group since 2012. I currently work in their quality department which helps drive my passion for providing great healthcare to our patients. I enjoy spending my free time with family and friends.
Hometown: Ocala, FL
I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist and am the Lung Health Program Coordinator at AdventHealth Ocala. I have been in the hospital setting as a Respiratory Therapist for 25 years. I hold a respiratory license, Associates and Bachelors Degree in Respiratory Therapy, Masters in Public Health and am a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist. My background includes respiratory modalities, bronchoscopies, Tobacco Quit Groups and Better Breathers Support Groups. She loves educating, advocating and helping people towards healthy living!