The Tobacco Free Florida AHEC Cessation program offers FREE groups in the community to help people quit tobacco for good. The cessation programs are led by trained specialists who guide participants through the quitting process. They help identify triggers and withdrawal symptoms and brainstorm ways to cope with them. Cessation groups are hosted at local public community centers, libraries, and hospitals. SRAHEC also offers private workplace cessation groups.
Both programs include:
- How to handle triggers to smoke, dip, or chew, such as stress
- Specific ways to deal with cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Developing a personalized quit plan
- Up to four FREE weeks of nicotine replacement therapy (patches, gum, or lozenges), while supplies last and medically appropriate.
Quit Smoking Now meets for an hour and a half once a week for 6 weeks.
Tools to Quit meets one time for 2 hours.
CALL US TODAY
- Advice about how to develop a quit plan
- Safe and informal space to talk without judgement
- Opportunity to talk about your tobacco use
- Support and encouragement from your facilitator and group participants
For more on what to expect from cessation groups, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.