Special Enrollment Period runs Now until October 31, 2022. You may qualify to receive health coverage during this period.
Suwannee River AHEC’s Navigators provide outreach and enrollment services to anyone looking to enroll for health care coverage in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace. We assist consumers with confidential telephone, virtual, & in-person enrollment service and provide public education and outreach activities at locations throughout the state throughout our SRAHEC 15-county services area. All of our services are offered free of charge. Suwannee River AHEC Navigators are trained and able to provide free and unbiased help to consumers as they look for health coverage options through the Marketplace, including completing eligibility and enrollment forms.
Covering: Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Sumter, Suwannee, and Union Counties
The Special Enrollment Period is available to those who have experienced one of the following qualifying life events in the past 60 days:
• Lost coverage through a job for any reason including retirement, being laid off, being fired, death of a spouse, death of a
parent, or loss of COBRA.
• Lost Medicaid, Florida Kidcare, Medicaid Share of Cost, or premium-free Medicare.
• Moved to another country, state, or from overseas.
• Gained employment such that you now qualify for Marketplace financial assistance.
• Turned 26 and aged off your parents’ health plan.
• Lost a student health plan.
• Gave birth to a child or adopted.
• Got married or got divorced, either of which affected your health coverage.
• Had a change in immigration status that made you newly eligible for the Marketplace.
• Were released from incarceration.
Items to Gather Before Your Appointment
To apply for health coverage you’ll need to provide some information about you and your household.
Name, address, contact information
Social Security numbers
Preferred health care providers
The pandemic has resulted in a tremendously increased level of need for services, and anyone impacted can find out what their coverage options are now. Please call us today to allow our team of experts help you with the specifics of your situation.
Call Us at 386-230-9400 or Email us at Navigator@srahec.org to make an appointment with one of Suwannee River AHEC’s Navigators or use the online portable below! Navigator assistance is free, confidential, and unbiased!
Arielle, thank you SO much. I feel like you have been the only one that has reached out to me and helped me understand the next steps in this process. The time that you took with me, I appreciate so much. I could not ask for a better person at this time. Thank you so much again for everything you’ve done for me and I will be in touch.
I recently reached out for help choosing the best ACA plan and lucked out in reaching Summer, a “Navigator” listed on healthcare.gov. She drove over an hour to meet me at the local county library and spent well over another hour helping me choose the right plan. I couldn’t be more pleased with the entire process. I highly recommend Summer if you have any questions or concerns.